Sisyphus Knits

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Cara

For those of you who don't have a six year old at home, let me just say that they are brutally honest. As in "Mom your chest looks kind of wrinkley" honest. So I started knitting this Cara bag from Knit Rowan, it was the free pattern in March I think. I ordered the yarn, Rowan Holiday, in the color shown in the picture, Sand I think. But they should have called the color, old nylons, because this yarn looks exactly like old nylons. In fact when I started knitting with it, I thought to myself, wow, I wonder if I took all those old nylons that I haven't worn for about eight years, and cut them into strips, maybe I could make some of this yarn. And my six year old said "Mom, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but that yarn is an ugly color." I think the saving grace will be the beautiful lining fabric I bought at Repro Depot.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe - brutally brutally honest. Then again - who wants tact if you know that everytime another person sees you they are going to be thinking 'Oh wow - wrinkly chest."? ; )

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Gilbert Asbestos Removal said...

Hi nice reading youur post

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home