Sisyphus Knits

Friday, August 25, 2006

Hip Knit Hat #1

I think I've mentioned before, I looooove knitting hats because they're instant gratification! I mean, I'm no Alyssa, I'm a slow knitter, so to knit a hat like this and have a finished object 2 hours later, well it makes me happy. I bought the yarn at Elann, $3.98 per ball thank you very much, and it took 2 balls, one cream, one eucalyptus, to knit this hat. It's the first knit hat listed in Hip Knit Hats & I've got about 8 more post-its in that book marking pages and I ordered about 10 more balls of this yarn, Debbie Bliss chunky merino from Elann. This is my first pompom attempt, which is why it's so lame and uneven. I had knit this hat for my husband, but then he said it wasn't his color, so I stuck a pompom on it for inexplicable reasons. Maybe I'll knit him this instead. Out of something itchy. Ha!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe when you knit that thong for him you could attach a pom pom to the back .

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... or attach a pom pom to the front

... or put tassels on it

... or knit it in Lionbrand Fun Fur

The possibilities are endless for a stylin' thong.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should knit him a rainbow-colored hat....perhaps that is more his color.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home