Sisyphus Knits

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Note to Self


Note to self: Next time you buy 400+ yards of laceweight cashmere at your LYS and they offer to wind it into a ball for you, do not say, in a show-offy manner, "no thanks, I'll do it at home" implying that you own both a swift and ball-winder and know how to use them (whoop-de-doo) but rather take them up on their offer. Because the yarn will be hopelessly tangled, and nearly impossible to wind, and every time you pull tight on it, it will BREAK! thus causing you to tie about 8 or 9 or 40 knots in it. Jeez! Note to Girl Scouts: Do not make Chicago area Brownies sell cookies in flipping January when it's 4 degrees out, while the California girl scouts sell in September; I mean does that make any sense whatsoever? And especially do not entice the said 6 year old Chicago Brownies to sell MORE cookies by giving out prizes like very simple backpacks if they sell 75 boxes, thus ensuring that they harass their parents NON-STOP until they sell the required 75 boxes; I would be willing to pay quadruple the cost of the backpack, if only I didn't have to push cookies on my friends and neighbors like a crack dealer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no! Didn't they tell you it was REALLY hard to wind?!?!?

They told me after I said no. Now, I am thinking I should go back and take them up on their offer.

I started the socks from this months swag...but alas, I am knitting it too tight, and I have to rip it out and go up at least one needle size.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Bee said...

I am not sure which is more enticing the cashmere or the girl scout cookies... hmmm =)

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home