Sisyphus Knits

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Merry Christmas to Me



My husband doesn't know it yet, but he's giving me this Kim Hargreaves kit for Christmas. I love her stuff, and when I saw it was on sale a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't resist. Plus Rowan Biggy yarn = instant gratification, which is my type of project. I finished my second heart hat, plus Shannon (author of Knitgrrl) wrote me back & acknowledged that the editor of her book might have screwed up the chart (she couldn't remember & couldn't find a copy of the book laying around.) So if you see new errata concerning the heart hat, you can thank me for it. FYI I knit the first out of Malabrigo, and the second out of Lamb's Pride Worsted; my middle child, owner of the Lamb's Pride worsted, complains that it's itchy, not so for the Malabrigo, I thought you should know. Also, I probably had 1/3 to 1/2 of the Malabrigo left afterwords.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

That's a beautiful kit! Please bring it for show and tell Wednesday. :)

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! I was thinking more that you would give yourself the kimono sweater!

Can you also bring the book with the pattern for the Ponytail hat?

I had a request for a hat like that and just need to read a pattern to see how they do the hole, then figure the rest out on my own.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so your husband dosn't know i'll do that

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home