Sisyphus Knits

Monday, November 06, 2006

Fetching


Ok, I'm kinda proud here. I knit one of the fetching mitts this weekend. It was my first time using cable cast on, my first time knitting cables, my first time using picot bind off, and yes, my first time successfully knitting on dpns. Every other time I knit inside out on dpns, and in fact when I picked up the stitches for the thumb, I knit it inside out, TWICE, but then after I went to bed last night, I was laying there thinking about it and lightbulb, I realized I was knitting the thumb the wrong way, I got up, finished the thumb, and just felt so relieved that I figured it out. Sorry for the crappy picture, I had an artistic one set in my mind, but I'm never at home during daylight anymore. Amy, if you're reading this, see my middle finger & how wrong it looks, I hurt it in JUNE, I have been going to hand therapy for months, and it is still messed up, today the therapist suggested I see a hand surgeon because she thinks I messed up the volar plate, your job is to figure out what that means and tell me when you visit in two weeks. That is all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

So cute! I've been wanting to knit that pattern for a while. I think I'll have to cast on soon now:) Congratulations on all your "firsts!" Once you knit cables, you'll find them to be rather addicting:)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Turtle Runner said...

Lovely mitts!!! I think I need to knit a pair too!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so gansta, foshizzle mynizzle!

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Job! Congratulations they look awesome! I'm still attempting all your firsts as well - round two this weekend. Wish me luck.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home