Sisyphus Knits

Monday, October 16, 2006

Totally getting the Harlot


I've read about the comings and goings of the Yarn Harlot for months now, not really understanding why everyone was so mad for her, then I bought her book, "Knitting Rules" yesterday, and now, I totally get it! She is so funny, her open letter to the inventor of Ziploc bags, her chapter on not feeling guilty about owning too much yarn, her chart to determine what type of knitter you are (I'm a scientist), I feel like I was stranded on planet Earth & now the mother ship found me. True Story: I was sitting on the floor of my bedroom with my yarn spread out ALL OVER, a scary pile of yarn that even I was intimidated by, updating my spreadsheet and my husband walked in. I thought, oh, no BUSTED! but my husband glanced around casuallyat the ginormous pile of yarn and said "Don't feel bad, I've got more guns than that." I know, it's super scary, but kind of sweet! So I've been knitting the simple scarf pattern that the Harlot posted a couple of days ago, k, k, knit into back of loop, purl, in multiples of 4, then ending with knit knit. It's simple and mindless, and I love how it's coming out; I was planning on wearing it with my cream colored winter coat, but my six year old has claimed it for herself. P.S. I do believe the Harlot is mistaken on one tiny point, she claims that this person is the fastest knitter in North America, when we all know it's really Alyssa.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

I swear you make me laugh every time:) I love that book and I'm so happy to see you are knitting that scarf. I added it to the knit list for November. Be sure to bring it to group this week so we can all admire it.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure that John's comment would be something about having more golf clubs than I have yarn.

It is a great book....do you have any of her others? They are great too.....good plane reading.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home