Sisyphus Knits

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Thanks, Mom!


I got up early last Sunday & decided to get Einstein Bagels for my family and coffee for me, so while I was there I picked up an extra coffee for my mom, then dropped by her house for a little chit-chat & to check out her new pond (which she dug herself, took 3 years!) So one of the benefits to being a pack rat is that you can impress your kids by pulling out all sorts of fascinating things that have been in your basement for years. Like these knitting magazines from the 50s and 60s.





My mom says she & my Aunt Susie knit every sweater in this book, I remember the sweaters, Irish knits with woven leather buttons, of course I didn't appreciate them as a child.
My mom also says Aunt Susie was always stealing this pattern book from her, and my mom would have to steal it back. Aunt Susie, if you're reading this, you may print a rebuttal in the comment section.











I love the pictures in this book, they're very glam, all the models have fur hats, lots of black eyeliner and false eyelashes. The inside of the book says it was shot in "the fabulous winter resort of St. Moritz, Switzerland." Altogether there are 10 magazines & I think I'll save additional posts for later, lest I bore you all to death.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home