Sisyphus Knits

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Amy's Hat

I finished Amy's hat, in fall colors per her request, it was simple & only took me a night to knit. That's my kind of project! I had knitting group last night, it was so great, the people in my group are such great knitters, and always teach me something new. Lynae was knitting mittens for her daughter out of STR, so cute. She looked at my Sizzle and agreed it looked pretty hopeless. Adrienne was knitting a beautiful shawl with thick cables & pockets. She showed me how to knit cables without a cable needle, and how to drop down & fix "mistake" stitches. Like I said, they are the BEST!

4 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

Gorgeous hat! And that's a pretty nice picture of it too:)

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey?!? I never said hopeless! I just couldn't think of a way to fix it....which is more a reflect of my skills than yours! *wink*

I really think that you might want to try learning continental...for this project.

I think Wendy knits continental, so being that the yarn is slippery, you might be getting uneven stitches due to throwing a slippery yarn. I also think you should e-mail Wendy and see if she found that after washing it the stitches evened out.

I guess I would try other needles too. I have a set of cheap plastic needles, that I don't really like, but they work really well for slippery yarns.

I would still finish this side and wash it to see if the silk will even out. We all know that wool would, but silk tends to stretch a bit.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I can't wait to put it on my little head! Either send it to me or I will pick it up when I make my triumphant return to Illinois on November 17. Thanks Liz!

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sure....middle child is left in the cold again!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home