Sisyphus Knits

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Big Mistake


Friday night I went out to dinner with my sister to 1)celebrate the fact that my test was over (I'd be shocked if I didn't pass, but I don't get the results until October 10) and 2) to celebrate my sister's birthday. Everytime I get together with my sister, we just laugh until we cry over how dysfunctional our family is. So anyway, my sister's friend, Tamara, gave her this t-shirt for her birthday; without giving away any personal details that my sister might not want me to blog about, let's just say that this t-shirt is apropos to her current situtation. Also, my sister had a hilarious story about participating in a survey to earn extra money ($125 for filling out a survey about beer) but then she had to drink a huge beer, which she chugged so fast that the guy running the survey made her stay for an hour extra to make sure she was sober. We also made much hilarity over our "brother from another mother" and the fact that some lady at the bar kept stealing my sister's lemon drop Martinis until the manager of the bar kicked her out. Amy, we miss you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sister sounds like a fantastic, funny, well-rounded, kind, YOUNG chick in an unfortunate situation! She sounds pretty hot too! You are lucky to be related to such an incredible person.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

She is all that and smart too! And we BOTH got carded Friday night, although I think Juan was just going for the ginormous tip. However I got carded at lunch that day too, so maybe I looked particularly young (and yes I did drink at both lunch and dinner that day, but I was celebrating the fact that my test was over).

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to miss me for long, because my prison-keepers are letting me out for 2 whole days in a row in November! And I'm coming to visit! Maybe you can come pick me up at the airport, if you can stay sober for that long!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home