Sisyphus Knits

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Disappointment


I am disappointed to report that although I was near 2 excellent yarn stores, I did not purchase anything on my west coast tour. In Portland, I was never there while Knit/Purl was open (arrived at 7 pm, busy from 10 until flight out at 5 pm the next day). Boohoo! I did take a walk by the store and pressed my nose against the window, it looks awesome, next time I'm in Portland I will definitely stop by, plus no sales tax in Portland! I should have bought all my kids ipods for Christmas. Then, in San Fran I did manage to go into Art Fibers, but I have to say, nothing really tempted me there, I know it sounds insane, but it was all really arty & different & nothing was calling my name. If I had to get something, it would be between the Kurasawa (silk & merino), and the Tesla (stainless steel & cotton). So the minute I was home, in order to offset my remarkable restraint, I ordered a couple skeins when I got home, Malabrigo in Frank Ochre with which I will knit the Irish Hiking Scarf, and Socks that Rock in Jingle Bell Rock and Henpecked, did you guys see the fabulous new colors at Blue Moon Fiber Arts? I want it all!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

I ordered some of the Jingle Bell Rock too! I can't wait to see it in person.

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your hat mom u rock

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't see the actually post but daughter #2 is forching me to send a coment.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your stuff liz teach me it at home

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home