Sisyphus Knits

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Jetsetta!


I am a jetsetta! Just came back from a biz trip to the West Coast, and boy are my arms (and everything else) tired! We flew to Portland Tuesday night (lowlight of the trip, stuck in seat 13E, next to a guy with Tourette's, no offense to people w/ Tourette's, but he moaned every 30 seconds, patted his tummy, and said really inappropriate things to me) plus his fingers were either in his nose or mouth for the entire 4 1/2 hours, gross! Highlight of the trip, ate dinner at Chez Panisse on Wednesday night in Berkeley, here was the menu, we also did the cheese course and wine pairing, it was the best meal I have had in years, no lie! Another lowlight, we stayed in a different hotel room every night & I forgot something in each room! What is wrong with me? I left my phone charger in Portland, my glasses in Berkeley, and my book, Knitting Rules in San Francisco. I'm trying to get the former 2 back, but the latter is a gift to whomever finds it. I didn't knit at all on my trip! Couldn't bring myself to knit next to the crazy guy on the way out, and read on the way back (All the King's Men) and watched the movie, The Devil Wears Prada. In knitting news, I finished the scarf before I left, pictured above. I'm still working on Miss Marigold, casting on for a baby sweater for my neighbor (she had a baby last week), and dying to knit thrummed mittens using my thrummed mitten kit from Spunky Eclectic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

Glad you had some good moments on your trip. The scarf looks great! See you Wednesday:)

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf is gorgeous!!! Thanks for a few snickers about your trip. Sounds like you'll have a lot of memories!!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home