Sisyphus Knits

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Kimono

Correction: I'm an idiot, this sweater was knit on size 5's, I misread the directions, but the nice lady at CME knit, who knit a beautiful version of this sweater, pointed out my error to me. Now for sure I will knit this sweater, and you all should too!
I want to knit this so bad! I think this is the coolest sweater I have ever seen, truly I love it, but size 1 needles? For a whole sweater? I would want to stab myself with the size 1s before I finished the sleeves! I know me & I can't do it! There's another great picture of this pattern here. It's called the Tataki Kimono Sweater & you can purchase it here if you have more patience than me, which no doubt you do. In other news, I had my whole family here this weekend for the first of the two Thanksgiving Dinners that we have, one when my sister, who has a demanding job and lives in Baltimore can make it, and one on the regular Thanksgiving. We can't combine the two because my husband always goes hunting the weekend before Thanksgiving. So anyway, it was a full house, I picked up the turkey at the local poultry store & ordered my Thanksgiving turkey at the same time, the counter guy said "what, is this a practice turkey?" Then my sisters hung out w/ me for a while, which was great, except for the unsolicited child-rearing advice that I regularly get from my unmarried, childless sister. I know she'll be pissed that I said that, but so what, it's my blog!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

I love that sweater, too!

That is what sisters are for. My sister used to do that all that time, then she had kids. Now I have gotten to watch her eat nearly all that she said.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

You can do it! That is one fabulous sweater.

Glad Thanksgiving #1 went off well. We've got our's pared down to only two this year! Amazing:)

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, that is a beautiful sweater. You could do it!

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whatever. you know I'm right!

8:32 PM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

NO NO no size 1...she wrote it as 1 US size 5! I would go nuts knitting all that in one piece on a size 1!!

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still waiting for my hat!!!!!!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home