Sisyphus Knits

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Progress


So I started knitting approximately a year ago. I don't know what inspired me to take it up, I was at Michael's with my kids and I bought a skein of Lion Brand Homespun and knit the scarf (garter back and forth) pictured here. It's misshapen and lame, but I was so happy at the time to finish it. My mom helped me figure out how to cast on, then I checked out Stitch & Bitch from the library and taught myself to knit and bind off. I could not figure out how to purl until I looked it up in at least 3 different books. I am still such a knitting newbie, but I learn so much from my beloved Group and various internet sites and blogs. So here is how far I've come in a year, I'm knitting the Irish Hiking Scarf in Malabrigo, color Frank Ochre, it's soft, I love it, I love knitting cables (just taught myself 2 weeks ago) and I can't wait to see what I'm working on a year from now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home