Sisyphus Knits

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Fetching II


So I finished my second fetching mitt, but not before I finished my cashmerino aran! I ran out of yarn, but haven't knit the thumb yet, drats! I noticed that the fetching author did update the pattern to say 1-2 balls (from the original 1) but I had printed out the pattern before the update. So I have a thumbless mitt. Also, notice that the second one is noticeably smaller than the first, I guess this is a common problem amongst mitten knitters. I nearly unravelled the first mitt in order to reknit & and use the leftovers for the thumb, but cooler heads prevailed, i.e. my 11 year old who said "Mom, just go to the yarn store and buy another ball of that yarn." Well duh, then she added "they're on different hands so no one can tell one is bigger." Double duh, and hey I'm always up for a trip to the yarn store, so I guess I'll just do that. Plus, I unravelled another sock that I started this weekend, like a nut I cast on 72 stitches, instead of the usual 64, and after knitting 4 or 5 inches I tried it on and it was too big! I am cursed to never knit a sock, I frog them every time, thus my name, Sisyphus Knits.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

Wow! Good to know one ball of cashmerino might not be enough. That's too bad you ran out:(

Missed seeing you guys last night, but I'm feeling much better now. I don't think I'll be able to make it next week because of the holiday, but I'll definitely see you all on the 29th:)

Happy sock knitting!

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second Alyssa's comment. I was planning on trying them in the pink that I used on the stripe of A's sweater....luckily I have a skein plus probably half.

I did end up going to Borders for about an hour last night. I was worried that "A" might show and wonder where we all were. I got 10 inches done on a Malabrigo scarf that is SO pretty!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home