Sisyphus Knits

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My Sox Sux




Drumroll please...my first sock...it sux! The yarn is gorgeous BMFA STR in Red Rock Canyon, it took me about a year to complete this sock. I started it last summer, knit to within a couple inches of the end, then frogged it due to general suckiness and major holes in the heel. Recast on some time ago (winter maybe) then let it sit, lingering, for months. Finished it this weekend, I guess it's not too bad, but I really messed up the kitchener on the toe...should have brought it to group for advice, but too impatient as usual. I will practice my techniques on the second one, then hopefully knit a better pair of socks eventually. If not, I will entertain suggestions on what to do with the roughly 17 skeins of sock yarn in my stash. Oh yeah, I knit this using 2 circs. Random thoughts - I love the chunky pooling & doesn't my leg/ankle look humongous in this picture!?


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea! First sock! Hooray!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sux? Not so much!

Congrats!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Drin said...

The first one is always the hardest! But I don't think they usually look THIS good! It's fantastic.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home