Sisyphus Knits

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring Break


It is the night before my test & I am going to bed soon. I always feel like a good night's sleep helps more than cramming all night, if I can't think clearly, I'm toast. My husband & I have a secret: we told the kids we aren't going anywhere for Spring Break, but we're actually going to Florida! We're springing it on them tomorrow night, and we leave Friday. I had looked into flying to Florida a couple of weeks ago, and all the flights were booked up and expensive, so I kind of gave up on the idea, but then I ran into a neighbor, who suggested we drive, and it was like *lightbulb* I never considered driving. So I called a place in Panama City Beach (a 16 hour drive) made the reservations, and we are leaving Friday. Wish me luck, I am a little apprehensive about 3 kids + 1 Minivan + 1 cranky husband + 16 hour road trip, but worst case scenario, I get lots of knitting in and we have memorable family trip, right? And on the way back, we are staying here and going to the Grand Ole Opry, so that I can have a hillbilly moment, like when I lived in Kentucky. Actually my husband loves country music so I booked it for him. Group, I miss you desperately & will see you in 2 weeks!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed you too! While we are going skiing on Saturday, I am SO wishing for the beach!

Have fun!

Don't forget that the Yarn Harlot will be here on April 3rd. I am hooking up with Jen for sure.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Drin said...

Good luck on your test, have fun in Florida and we will see you when you get back!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Best of luck on your test! Have a great time in Florida and may the drive be peaceful.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home