Sisyphus Knits

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Things that come in the mail






I love getting packages in the mail, this week alone I got: 1) Knitting Marvelous Mittens. Remember this saga, my husband ordered me this book for V Day, but they were sold out. Well Velona Needlecraft got their hands on a few more copies, so they sent one to my husband (for the list price $12.95). Edited to add: $24 total including shipping and handling. Still cheaper than the $240 they're asking on Amazon.

2) I ordered some Artyarns Supermerino to knit Wicked and the Noni Adventure Bag pattern (careful with the Noni pattern, just see Lynae's blog for reasons why). 3) Ordered a Hat kit from Kim Hargreaves, too lazy to open it right now, I'll show you the finished product asap.

But my sister is not so excited about things that come in the mail. On Thursday she got a package delivered to her home from Amsterdam, addressed to her 16 year old son. Being naturally curious, she opened it and found a bong inside! So she assembled it and snapped a picture of it and sent the picture to my nephew's cell phone (she sent it to my cell phone too, if I was more tech-savvy I would post a picture of it). My sister says it's clearly a high quality product, I told her to sell it on Ebay. We were laughing about the listing "Large red bong, imported from Amsterdam, never been used..."

7 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

Your mail sounds great, but I laughed hard at what your sister found. I love the way she let him know.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

That is hilarious! Smart boy to order from Amsterdam, not so smart to have it sent to his house. :)

I want to be just like you so I emailed Velona Needlecraft to get the mitten book (hope they still have one in stock) and I'm totally knitting wicked too...not sure when though...soon...

:) See you Wednesday?

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I literally spit my coffee at my screen when I read that.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Are "Mostly Mittens" and "Knitting Marvelous Mittens" the same book?

Velona is out of Mostly Mittens....but I go the 4 Barbara Walker books. Yes, I NEEDED them.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

They are the same book. My husband ordered Mostly Mittens, but they emailed him that they got a few copies of Knitting Marvelous Mittens, which is the exact same book. As far as the bong saga, it cost $90 and my nephew charged it to my sister's credit card. As she said, "I don't know if he's a complete idiot or wanted to get caught."

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice score! For you, not your nephew.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing wish i had a husband like that!

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home