Sisyphus Knits

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Hallowig

Why did I knit a blue wig? Who knows? Daughter #1 might wear it for Halloween, it was fun and fast and what else are you going to do with a skein of blue acrylic?

I just got back from NYC last night, by the skin of my teeth. Typical LaGuardia, they cancelled 200 flights, it was pure luck that they didn't cancel mine; otherwise I would have been #70 on the standby list as usual.

Travel isn't nearly as much fun at my new job as it was at my old one, mostly because I don't get to travel with Rian anymore. He and I have the same basic travel sensibilities: 1) Be organized and efficient, have all your materials ready, itineraries printed, and mapquests so you know where you're going, 2) Be willing to travel to the ends of the earth for a good meal, our best was Chez Panisse, 3) If you're stuck at the airport with time to kill, a ginormous cocktail is the way to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chicago Jen said...

Girl I LOVE the Hallowig! So cool blue! Glad you made it home from NYC. WE missed you last week, but your sis and your eldest Lovely came by.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Glad to hear you made it back from New York. If I move back there, I will pray all your flights get cancelled so you can have a girls sleepover at my swanky Manhattan apartment. (It could happen again!) My sis-in-law made a hot pink wig. I'll e.mail you a picture of it. You did a great job!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home