Sisyphus Knits

Sunday, September 09, 2007

My second first sock


My first sock I started almost a year ago, using the "socks soar on 2 circs" method with STR lightweight. It took forever, I frogged it a couple of times, and I never knit a second one. So at Stitches Midwest I bought the new Ann Budd "Getting Started Knitting Socks" book, I searched my stash for the thickest sock yarn I had (Interlacements toasty toes, purchased in May at MS&W) and followed the basic sock instructions. I knit this one last weekend (and Jen in Group kitchenerd the toe for me, thanks Jen!) then I cast on the second on our way to Wisconsin for apple picking yesterday. I am nearly done with the second, I love thick sock yarn! And I love the book too. Even Adrienne in my group, who knits a couple of socks a week, looked through the book and said there were lots of helpful hints in it. On a totally unrelated topic, I was drinking a bottle of Honest Tea yesterday & had to share the quote on the lid "The bad news: there is no key to the universe. The good news: it was never locked," attributed to Swami Beyondananda (his name is fun to say outloud, try it.)


4 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Yay for getting into knitting socks! So fun. I love the colors in your yarn--very pretty.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need Jen to Kitchener my sock. It has one huge loop and looks terrible.

I just left the end and started the next sock.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on the sock! I really like the new Ann Budd book. It does have good tips (and nice pix, too).

9:14 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Hooray! I'm so happy that you've gotten sock mojo. And kitchenering will get easier with time. You just need to knit more socks to practice. :)

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home