Sisyphus Knits

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Rare Event


Yup, a Finished Object, which is a rare event on Sisyphus Knits. I finished one of the two scarves I am working on, a 1x1 rib knit out of three colors of Noro Silk Garden, alternating every 2 rows, inspired by this scarf on Brooklyn Tweed. It's 6 feet long, I think it's awesome, but my husband seems lukewarm on it (he said "it's kinda itchy"); I said, "but it's silk" but you know if a person thinks something is itchy, you can't really argue with them, it's itchy to them. Like the old buddhist saying, "I see red and you see green but we call it yellow." That is all for now grasshopper. P.S. I didn't block it, it's a scarf, but Alyssa, do you think I should block it?

5 Comments:

Blogger knit_chick said...

I think it looks very nice. I think the Silk Garden will soften up after a few washes.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

It looks so great! I don't really block scarves, but I do give them a good wash and then lay them out to dry. Silk Garden does soften up a bit after washing. Please bring it Thursday so we may ooh and ahh over it. :)

8:56 AM  
Blogger Drin said...

That scarf is a beauty! I'm sure he will like it more after a good washing to soften it up.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

It looks lovely!

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretttttttttty!! I think Noro is itchy but its still one of my favorite yarns. I wear my Noro scarves on the outside of my coat.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home