Sisyphus Knits

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Castonitis

Well I swore to myself I would finish up a few items around here before I cast on anything new, i.e Monkey Socks, Tomato, Wicked which I am dying to start. I wasn't going to knit the Summertime Tunic because I thought the style would not look good on me (nay, I KNEW it would not) but then my sister called and said "wouldn't it be fun if we both knit it" and next I knew, I was purchasing some ella rae silkience to knit the Summertime Tunic (although I'm knitting it in the smallest size for my 12 year old). I'm about an inch past the ribbing, and just on the endless stockinette, which is great mindless knitting for train rides, tv watching, etc. I had to go down a needle size to get gauge, so I'm knitting with Knitpicks options size 5s.
So then, I was catching up on bloglines on Thursday, and I read the Harlot's entry about the Mystery Stole #3. Although I was not quite sure whether or not I should do it, I figured I would sign up & see what happens. Funny story, I am new to Yahoo groups - I checked the box saying I wanted to receive the email messages - I had 300+ messages in my inbox relating to the MS#3 by Friday evening! Anyway I went to LYS, 3 Bags Full, picked up some Misti Alpaca Lace in Ivory, some addi Turbo Lace needles (size 2s) and knit the swatch. I like it (although I had to tell my kids to quit talking to me while I was knitting lace, I think I'll have to save this for when they're in bed!) The only problem was the beads, Michael's didn't have size 8/0 seed beads & I'm not into beading so I don't know where to go around here. I ordered them off the internet & they're going to take a couple days to get here; can't start Clue #1 until I get them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Drin said...

The lace looks great - I knew I should have signed up! Now I will just have to enjoy watching your progress.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I signed up, but haven't started yet. I am thinking of getting the laceweight that Alyssa was talking about at group - the one that is going to be in Crystal Lake next weekend.

I wish you had called, there are a couple of bead shops close to us.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Chicago Jen said...

The lace is soo pretty and I liked the tank too, but the straps + bra straps + extra material hanging on in front look just wasn't all that good for me. As for getting beads around here, there's Blue Moon over on River Rd. about a mile south of downtown Desplaines... oh yeah, and Lynea is the GROUP beading queen.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Chicago Jen said...

Also, you can sign up to get your Yahoo group messages in digest format so that you only get one email each day with everyone's messages. I'm pretty certain you do that in your Group Preferences. Hope this helps!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I did sign up to get the group messages in digest format - I was still getting several digests (every 20 messages) per day! That is just a big group.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home