Sisyphus Knits

Monday, October 13, 2008

Homework

Ok, this isn't knitting related, but since it made me laugh until tears ran down my cheeks, I thought I would share with the world (or at least the 3 people who still read this blog). My 11 year old had an assignment, she had to write a letter to President Jefferson from Lewis & Clark. Here is a portion of the letter:

"Dear President Jefferson,

We have had a major problem for the past couple of days and we are getting ill from not eating anything but animals. We were wondering if you could ship us some food but you might not find us. We are lost and one of the volunteers had drowned the night before, another got attacked by a grizzly bear and was found lifeless in the woods. Lewis is speaking: Sir I do not know what to do, I feel like I am the leader of this expedition and I am doing most of the work. Clark is helping out but he is not as courageous, devoted, or mannish like I am. So far it has been splendid except for some sudden deaths, but on the other hand we have been doing well and we will get your land complete. Clark is speaking: I can not believe that Lewis thinks he's in charge but really I am because I'm so much more masculine then him. Why would he even say that? Well yes I have a cold and some other fellows had catched it from me, I regret coming and I want to go home but I will stay because we are lost and we have seen things that are unbelievable. You say somethin astonishing we have probably already done it. I have seen Lewis talking to himself and thinking about things unbelievable I don't know what to say about him. I have to admit he has been the leader in our exploration so far. But I will overpower him someday in life when we are much older."

It goes on and on, but you get the picture. And when she finished printing it on the computer, we burned the edges and painted tea stains on it so it would look more realistic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chicago Jen said...

O
M
G!!!

I totally laughed out loud! "More mannish then him"??!!!

Totally save that one for the scrap book!

8:03 PM  
Blogger execudiva said...

OMG - too funny! AJ is working on a story about where he is speaking in first person as Columbus. Funny - in his story the Nina has a steam engine.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I really laughed at this. I am fascinated to see what the overpowering would entail - some kind of wrestling??

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home